University of Southern California
Expected Graduation Date: May 2024
Viterbi School of EngineeringCandidate for M.S. in Computer Science
Candidate for B.S. in Computer Science
Honors: Dean’s List since Spring 2020
Coursework: Data Structures, Object-Oriented Design, Discrete Methods in Computer Science, Algorithms, Full-Stack Web Development, Computer Systems Basics, Operating Systems, Video Game Programming, Programming Game Engines, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics
Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and SciencesCandidate for B.S. in Computational and Applied Mathematics
Honors: Dean’s List since Fall 2019
Coursework: Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics of Physics and Engineering II, Fundamental Concepts of Analysis, Numerical Methods
- Database: MySQL
- Tools and Frameworks: Git, Android, AWS
GameIn Inc. 08/28/2022 – 12/07/2022
- Work part-time in a 5-person team for a startup to create an esports platform.
- Build skeletons for key frontend pages based on the UI design using React.js and Next.js.
- Build the database schema and implement API calls with AWS technology stack.
- Connect frontend pages to backend services and set up user authentication.
USC Viterbi School of Engineering 08/23/2021 – Present
- Work as a teaching assistant for Data Structures and Object-Oriented Design and Software Engineering.
- Hold regular office hours to help students better understand course concepts and debug their codes in C++ and Java/XML.
- Assist lab instructors in answering questions during lab sessions and participated in assignment/exam grading sessions.
Daily Trojan 08/23/2021 – 12/11/2021
- Assisted the Online Projects Editor to develop websites 3-5 times a semester.
- Cooperated with Daily Bruin’s team from UCLA to create the rivalry issue website using React.js.
Software Developer Intern
HireBeat Inc., NY 12/01/2020 – 01/31/2021
- Established development environment with python3, pip3, virtualenv, Django, node, and PostgreSQL to host website locally.
- Modified the frontend homepage of the website based on the image of the new design with React.
- Utilized React Bootstrap to build layouts of the webpage with Bootstrap’s grid system and add styling to the web application with Bootstrap’s utility classes.
Covid Tracking App for USC
- Worked in a 3-person team to create an android app tracking Covid data for all buildings in USC.
- Allowed people to check into the buildings and submit daily health reports. Displayed risk levels for all buildings and courses and let instructors to change course statuses.
- Responsible for the entire frontend development. Created a navigation bar and different views for each page.
- Implemented black-box testing with the Espresso API to test UI components and the app functionality.
Simplified Game Engine
- Implemented the basic math operations and functions, such as 2D, 3D, 4D vector classes and the 3×3, 4×4 matrix classes.
- Developed a core physics mechanism, such as tests for collision.
- Achieved 3D rendering through setting up buffers and creating shaders in DirectX with HLSL. Improved rendering and accomplished different effects with z-buffer, texture mapping, and post-processing.
- Achieved phong lighting model by calculating ambient light, diffuse light, and specular highlights. Added extra lighting detail with normal maps.
- Built a skeletal hierarchy and accomplished smooth animation effects for skinned objects.
- Implemented profiler to time functions and achieved multithreading to improve efficiency. Created an asset manager to load assets on demand and cache the assets.
WebGL Mini Game
02/19/2022 – 02/20/2022
- Worked in a 2-person team to create a simple farming game using the Phaser3 framework.
- Implemented collision detection for the main character and the environment. Also added character animations and sound effects for different actions.
- Wrote the core farming mechanism scripts using JS and refactored codes to improve efficiency and readability.
Top 10 Companies’ Influence on S&P 500
- Worked in a two-person team to predict the daily percentage return of the S&P 500 based on the returns of top 10 companies using Machine Learning.
- Fetched financial data of the selected timeframe using Yahoo Finance API. Pre-process and filter data using numpy and pandas. Fit regression models with statsmodels API, and passed the initial weight into the PyTorch Network.
- Calculated confidence intervals and prediction intervals using numpy, pandas, and scipy. Plotted the results with matplotlib.
- Developed a multi-feature and interactive calendar web application to help users manage schedules, reminders, and diaries.
- Utilized CSS for a responsive and interactive design including events entry, reminder notification, and search bar.
- Designed and implemented user interface with HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, along with PHP for dynamic calendar page content.
- Normalized database schema to store user profile, complex schedule content using MySQL database.
- Programmed user registration validation process logically, constructed password security with adding reasonable length and complexity. Considered efficiently of login process with simplicity and login security with designed requirements.
- Supported functionalities of creating, modifying, searching, and deleting events, reminders, and diaries.
Group Event Feed Application
- Designed a multi-user timeline calendar view to assist people in coordinating everyone’s schedule in one place.
- Build an application that enables users to create timed events, reminders, diaries and record transactions.
- Designed a system that pulls user’s individual schedule and dynamically forms timeline feeds based on different configuration, such as visibility level check and content filtering.
- Created and hosted a website to public network that allows me to demonstrate self-introduction and achievements.
- Utilized WordPress and user-oriented aesthetic design to allow a smooth view experience.
- Configured a cloud server to host the web project to enable it for accessing from public URL.